Community Outreach Coordinator (Full-time)
Overview: The Outreach Coordinator will expand and coordinate the outreach program to further HAND”s goals.
- Work with the program committee to achieve the goal of the outreach program.
- Attend community meetings, listen to and assess the needs and interests of neighbors.
- Represent HAND at community events.
- Serve as the resource person to groups interested in volunteering.
- Prepare reports to management on outreach efforts.
- Develop and monitor outreach budget.
- Develop, market and implement neighborhood training curriculum and agendas.
- Manage external communications for HAND through the website, print media, electronic newsletter, and social media.
- Coordinate fundraising events.
- Contribute to collecting and maintaining photo files.
- Research and write non-housing related grants.
- Record and acknowledge gifts.
- Maintain donor records.
- Support HAND’s housing goals by conducting community outreach and playing a support role for housing projects and programs.
- Support the acquisition and renewals of Memorandum of Understandings (MOU’s) with community partners.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Housing development experience or background
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Strong grant-writing skills
- Public Speaking skills
- Experience with fundraising events
- Ability to work with and value input from community leaders and local neighbors
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word – word processing software; Excel – Spreadsheet software, and Constant Contact – database software. Experience in Web-site management and social media use required.
Resumes will be accepted through July 22, 2016 at close of business